Tuesday, June 27, 2017

WEEK 45

MOM'S COMMENTARY

Joseph's remarks: "Love thy neighbor as theyself"" applies to all poeple, Even our Neighbors :) I am glad you were able to have that wonderful experience and i am glad that we have such awesome neighbors at home. I hope you have said Hi for me

"It makes me wonder who you were in the pre-existence to have such a blessed life and to top it off to get to go to Kenya on a mission." 
-I was ME of Course, actually this is something my Patriotical blessing says, "I was faithful to the extent i earned many blessings" or something like that.


Laura's "So those people who email you and mention to you about me and my health...do they tell you I'm bald again..."
- no they just say things like "your mom seems to be doing better..." and it leaves me like "what? better then what? what was wrong to begin with?" haha so i like to know. I am glad dad likes your hat, and that you enjoyed your Chinese food.

"The name comes from THOR, the viking god of Thunder, ruler of the winds, rains, and crops, whose symbol is...wait for it...the hammer. I thought you would get a kick out of that."
-HaHA, I can now claim i am descended from Thor!

anyway misikhu is going well, I we are having many people to teach, although we are struggling to finish the lessons with some so they can be baptized, but thats a good problem to have.

I amwaiting for permission to buy a bike so hopfully that problem will be fixed haha.

well thats all i have thanks you for being a great mom! (sorry this feels kinda short... i dont know what to say)


On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:36 AM, laura butters <laurabutters2@q.com> wrote:
Dear son, Joseph,
It was so good to talk with you.  Your last email   about standing in front of the Savior made me cry.  You know that your dad and I both know that we are not perfect.  We made mistakes and continue to make mistakes everyday and definitely have weaknesses. In spite of us we gave you the best, most priceless gift ever!!!That's the gospel of Jesus Christ which means no matter how we messed up you still have everything you need given you to make it back home to our Heavenly Father and receive eternal life, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God, if YOU choose.  You are so fortunate to be born under the covenant and have the everlasting covenants in your life.

It makes me wonder who you were in the pre-existence to have such a blessed life and to top it off to get to go to Kenya on a mission.

We ate at the China Dragon the other night.  It actually tasted good to me which is rare.  Tyler's mom waited on us and brought us a complimentary B-B-Que pork plate.  It was so nice of her.  Tyler just got back from a year at WSU in Pullman.  When we got ready to pay she had already taken care of all of it and gave us fortune cookies.  It was just really kind of her.  It made  my day and reminded me to always be nice to our neighbors.

So those people who email you and mention to you about me and my health...do they tell you I'm bald again...I have a baseball cap that has locks hanging down that your Dad really likes and is easy to throw on.  I also have a wig.  Every Sunday when I see people I don't know well they say they like my new shorter haircut so it must not look too bad.

Your Uncle Greg sent me a book about Albert King  Thurber.  Some distant relatives hired a retired BYU Utah Historian to write it.  Its a big and well written book.  So far the things that I didn't know and liked the best is that the name Thurber is Icelandic in origin and was carried into England by Norsemen.  The name comes from THOR, the viking god of Thunder, ruler of the winds, rains, and crops, whose symbol is...wait for it...the hammer. I thought you would get a kick out of that.

Your dad took out a couple of dead trees with help from Josh and Cam. He wants to take the grass out from underneath the trees.  He says it too hard to mow...haha.

WEEKLY QUOTE:  I leave you my sure witness that the Father knows you--knows your needs and your name--loves you, and hears your prayers.  His Beloved Son is inviting you to come unto Him.  And They send the Holy Ghost to attend you in your efforts to serve others for Them. Pres. Henry B. Eyring

Love you exceeding abundantly,
MOM