Sunday, November 6, 2016

WEEK 15

Commentary from Mom:  

In my last letter to Joseph I was complaining that his "letters" were short and more like "notes" and this is his defense,  I  also sent him a quote that I copied...only instead of just the one quote I thought i had copied it sent him pages of quotes.  Hopefully there was another good one in there that I missed that he just needed. LOL

From Joseph:

You know I could also send longer replies if you sent a single weekly quote instead of 50! lol

Thank you for the inspiring words they are very Powerful!

I'm sorry my letters, Excuss me my "notes" are short, The internet started having issues a few weeks ago and now we can only use 1 computer to email (instead of 2) so our time got cut in half.

I don't remember if I mentioned this specifically to you but at the start of the month I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days (this was before conference, which then encouraged me to finish) I completed that goal last week ahead of schedule. I finished on the 24th I think. I started another read through of it, this time I'm using a Seminary Student Manual on the Book of Mormon along side it.

I will try and Write Longer "notes" from now on

Love you Guys!

Mom's Commentary:

The Batt Family sent him snail mail and this is his reply to them that I I thought was good to share.

Btw Let the Batts know I finally got their letter!

Here's a short reply to them:

Dear Batts,

Africa is very different! and hot. I love it though. And no I haven't had to eat any bugs. Most of the food here is rice and beans and whats called Ugali which is basically a porridge made of Maize (corn) flour.

Fortunately, in Africa most people are willing to listen to us and generally the families don't care if someone gets baptized. Unfortunately, the people are very "wishy washy" so they will "listen" but they don't bother actually learning anything. haha

Tell the kids Thank you for the beautiful pictures and thanks for sending the great letter. Oh and thank Maddax for the good wishes and let him know I love the Food.

Sincerely, Elder Butters

P.s. Chastise Brother Batt (who was my young men's President!) for not sending a letter :P