Sunday, October 16, 2016

WEEK 13

Mom's commentary: 

I sent Joseph part of Pres. Nelson's most powerful article in our Ensign entitled "Stand True Millennials". Joseph has always watched general conference and we have read the Book of Mormon as a family for his whole life.  Its amazing what a difference is makes for him as a set apart missionary.

Joseph's letter:

I actually read that article the Other day, it was in one of the Leiahona's that I was reading haha! must be important if I'm getting a 2nd witness.
 
Anyway we have a very limited time but I wanted to share some stuff that stood out to me during Conference:

1) The Book of Mormon was mentioned dozens of times by nearly every speaker (or at least that's how it seemed to me). The quote I liked about it the best "there is power in the book of Mormon that will flow into your life as soon as you open it"  (I forgot his name, I wrote this down after he was done speaking) anyway I have decided to more vigorously read and study the Book of Mormon.

2) They talked about the Atonement and Repentance ALOT, Saying things like, the Atonement WILL heal you, it just Fixes. It doesn't leave scars etc.

I thought that was cool

3) Service with love is the best way to help others.

Btw the Mission Office just sent me a message that they received a Package for me, I probably wont be able to get it for a couple weeks but thought I should let you know its here. Regarding Christmas, don't worry about a package, Maybe just send me some music or something via Email (I'm still waiting for some John Williams music...) 
Anyway that's all, we are going to try to come and email later so I might send more.

Mom's note:  later never happened!