Sunday, October 9, 2016

WEEK 12

Here are some pics before Danielle's baptism.







On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Joseph Russell Butters <joseph.butters@myldsmail.net> wrote:
hello! Thank you for the great message. Another great week in the work! Danielle was confirmed, and we have started to teach a Part-member family (well more like a Part- Less Active family). Unfortunately we have been struggling to find them home, but I have hope that we will be able to help them. 

President Msane stopped  by our flat unexpectedly which was a nice surprise! I love that Man and was pleased to be able to speak with him again.

Next week we have Exchanges so I get to spend a day with another Elder. His name is Elder Muthiani (or something, these African names are really difficult to spell)  that should be fun.



On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM, LAURA BUTTERS <laurabutters@q.com> wrote:
Well Grandma Butters' party was great.  I managed to get her all the way to HER kitchen   and she was confused at where she was at in our house.  When everyone yelled surprised she jumped and I thought she was going down.  She said her heart hurt for a long time. She was so scared but it was a great surprise for her.

By the way, I love your Kenyan tie.  

Weekly Quote:  "Learn who you really are. 
Take time to think prayerfully about these facts: 
You are an elect son or daughter of God.
You are created in His image.
You were taught in the spirit world to prepare you for anything and 
everything you would encounter during this latter part of these latter days (see D&C 138:56).
That teaching endures within you!"  Pres. Russell M. Nelson

I thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity he has given you to serve him in this great land of Kenya.  I know that it will bless your life "exceeding abundantly". See Ephesians 3:20. I love that.  I know it can't be proper English but what a term. It has become a favorite for me. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and if we are full of faith and obedient that He has the power to bless us above all that we ask or can even think.  We are so blessed and can't imagine  all the things that He has in store for us because of his great love.  Remember that when you have rough days.  I know this is true.  Every price we pay will be worth it for us.  

Love you exceeding abundantly,
Mom