Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week 11

Commentary from Mom: 

 So we told Joseph to focus on his grandma's 77th birthday instead of a letter for us.  He sent a poem in video and written form that is explained by the scripture texts with it.

From Joseph:
So this is the same poem that I read in the video, I have added scripture references for some additional study and explanation. I  love you Grandma, Have a good time at your new home and Don't let Dad beat you at cards too much!
Happy(too many to count) Birthday!

For Grandma:

You are near the end of your Endurance  (2 Ne 31:20)
Soon you will rest with the Righteous in peace (Alma 40:12)
I will never forget about your Repentance (3 Ne 9:22)
As it lead in no small part to my Release. (Alma 36:24)

I was raised and loved by goodly parents (1 Ne 1:1)
Who followed the example set by you (1 Thes 1:5-7)
And though my father never dwelt in tents (1 Ne 2:15)
He had the Covenant, everlasting and New. (D&C 22:1)

Although my sister has passed away
And your beloved husband has joined her
I know I can see them again someday (D&C 130:2)
Because of your gift more precious then myrrh. (Ps 45:8)

You brought to our family the gospel
Precious words that will help save my soul.  (James 1:21)
Satan have you always sought to Dispel (Moses 1:16)
Jesus is the one with which you will bowl. (as in Bowling)

I will always love the Butters name.
Grandma, I have but one more request.
Remember where you showed us Kids to aim
and know that I think you are the best.

      -Elder Joseph Butters

Grandma Butters Birthday Video

Notice the tie in the video.  Its the colors of their flag and the shield of the flag.