Sunday, September 11, 2016

WEEK 8

Letter to Mom
Grandma sold the house?! hmmm......

Not sure how I feel about that....

Anyway I'm glad you have had a good experience with your fast! Its always great to have such an awesome group of friends to surround yourself with. I have also tried to remember you in all my prayers so you have some international faith on our side as well :P

Sorry about the brief letter last week, the internet glitched and deleted the letter I wrote before I could send it, it was rather frustrating haha!

Last week the baptism went well, I Performed the baptism for Dianna and it was a very sweet experience (although the font was Freezing, I felt sorry for her as she was shivering for the next hour it seemed) this week her dad confirmed her a member, he gave the blessing in Kamba (the local tribal language) so I couldn't understand anything.

Meteso our investigator is progressing Awesomely and is almost ready to be baptized! We have had several great lessons with him and he is very willing to learn. Thursday we walked to his place, it is about 10 km away from where we leave and it took us about 2 hours of brisk walking to make it. Needless to say afterward we were very tried but we had a good lesson and were able to catch a bus back home.

On Friday we went to a town called Machakos to pick up our allotments, they had a super market! it was so nice to be able to walk into a proper store and find anything we wanted. I immediately bought 2 small tubs of butter (I have been missing butter sorly as it isn't available in Kyambeke)

This Sunday after our meetings we meet with him again. After we taught him a member introduced us to another investigator, Danielle, who had taken a couple lessons from other missionaries while she was out of town and wanted to learn more. She is now on date to be baptized the 25th of September. It is truly amazing how easy missionary work is when the members are involved. They just bring us people and we baptize them! Always remember the work that you can do as a member missionary.

This week we are going to Nairobi for a"mission tour" which is basically a large conference I think. Anyway we will be there for 3 days

Commentary by Mom: Dad didn't get a letter this week. Joseph was told if he was short on time to spend it on my letter and I'm not complaining.  
Although Joseph is writing in English I'm noting I need a translator. ie pick up our allotments at a proper store since he's "sorly" missing butter :P  And how far is 10 km anyway?
May I make mention again for the plug for member missionaries.  I will try harder.