Sunday, January 15, 2017

WEEK 26

Mom's comments:

Joseph has hit his 6 months; that's a quarter of his mission. WOW. I knew that December would be hard for Joseph.  It's his birthday and we celebrate Christmas all month long with so many traditions.  So I guess if he is homesick then it means that we did something right here that he misses and hopefully he will learn from that and carry that as a foundation into his future life.  There were so many pictures I wanted to send him and so many things that I wanted to share with him because I was missing him soooo much and Russ kept reminding me that I shouldn't because it would make him more homesick. I'm glad that December is over and there are transfers this week and I'm hoping he gets a change.  Its time to move on.  Here are the pics that I ended up sending him.

Nutcrackers in the Leavenworth WA Nutcracker Museum

Nutcrackers of Brigham Young and Mormon Missionary

Nutcracker Joseph Smith

Called to Serve Mormon Missionary nutcrackers

Kenyan Nativity Joseph had given to me for Christmas

Joseph's comments:

WOW  that's  Awesome. 
Glad you like it!


(On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:37 AM, LAURA BUTTERS <laurabutters@q.com> wrote:
RE:  Kenyan Nativity
 I love it!! Thanks so much!)

(On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 2:17 AM, LAURA BUTTERS <laurabutters@q.com> wrote:
Its either below zero with a dangerous wind chill or its snowing..again....and again.
December was a good month but it was hard.  It's always hard since it was Rachel's favorite time and with you gone it was a double whammy for me.  I had to create new traditions and stay busy and on my game.  I think I did pretty well... Now its on to the new year.  I wonder what it will hold in store for us.  I think there is something right around the corner.  My health is better and I'm a little  more optimistic then I have been.  Well,your dad just popped a bag and I thought I'd been shot so now my life span I'm sure has been shortened again. 
 No new news, I guess no news is good news. ) 

WEEKLY QUOTE:
"Your mission is your MTC for the rest of your life.  Don't waste it."

Haha! I like that Quote. I always call the Mission "Marriage Preparation Class 101"

Anyway, we had kinda a ruff week... SOOO many appointments fell through. I felt like I walked a thousand miles and didn't go anywhere. Otherwise I think I'm doing ok, although I have been feeling really Lonely your letters are helping alot though. I have also been rereading all of the General Conference talks form October which has been helping alot. the Talk from President Utchdorf about the Plan of Happiness has really stood out to me. I also really like the talks about the Book of Mormon (all 3 of them!)

I like the Nutcracker pics haha

Well its transfers next week so we will see what happens.


I love you Guys! I miss you!